Thursday, January 12, 2023

dungeon23 supplemental: The town(?) of Silverlion

Originally I was going to make multiple posts about the town of Silverlion as opposed to the Castle Silverlion above the dungeons, but that was far too much effort. I think that if I were to run what I have right now, I'd use a combination of Hommlet and The B2 Keep. 

The Castellan would either be Lord Silverlion himself or a subordinate. 

The chaotic (evil) ne'er-do-wells of the village would just be part of a specific demon cult rather than ToEE employees.

I like the religious tension in Hommlet but I think I'd try to work in something more reflective of the Scottish/English religious tensions - the Old Church with its rustic presbyterian structure vs the Royal or Proper Church with an appointed episcopacy. One would be in the village (probably the newcomers) and the other in the keep (the old guard). The druidics would be the major third wheel. 

I imagine tension between Lord Silverlion and village leaders, as well as with the wizard/fighter duo of T1.

Lots of potential for political intrigue.


No comments:

Post a Comment